Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The daily card, week 13: 30 Rock edition

 Crystal Moody, one of the inspirations for this project, has recommended working in a series when you want to stretch your ideas further - she's done 12 days of Christmas, presidents, and now is painting a weekly portrait of a rescue dog. And every time I go to Cleveland, I think of that epic 30 Rock episode and Jack Donaghy's line, "We'd all like to flee to the Cleve and club-hop down at the Flats and have lunch with Little Richard, but we fight those urges because we have responsibilities." 

So inspired by Crystal and Jack, I decided to do a 30 Rock series over the Easter weekend. Two cards are Cleveland-themed, one features a Tracy Jordan line that I've been quoting a lot lately, and the Easter card has the most perfect Jack Donaghy quote for the holiday. 

Similar to when we went to Virginia for a long weekend, I prepped before we left by putting together a travel kit - pens, date stamp, ink pad, glue stick, scissors, white cardstock, watercolors, letter stickers and 30 Rock photos that I printed off. Thinking through my ideas ahead of time and pulling together supplies makes it easy to bring the show on the road. We were in Cleveland through Monday so this is a sneak peek of one of next week's cards.

I also love that Excel spreadsheet card- I may share some more thoughts on that subject soon. And please excuse that clownish-looking one from April 1 - it's proof that the show must go on no matter how many drinks I've had at happy hour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment