Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The daily card, week 18

When this goes live, thanks to the wonders of technology, I will be fifteen minutes into the plane ride to Guatemala City. Woohoo! I had a good desk to spread out on when I was staying in Mauritania, but the next couple weeks of cards will be coming from the assorted hostels of Central America so I am expecting things to stay pretty basic around here.

This week's cards capture a couple of my favorite Mauritanian patterns - the red and blue plus-sign pattern is one that pops up on tents, clothing, and gift bags, and the green and yellow is from the curtains in the guest apartment at the office. 

I also love the little trio of cards I made while visiting my family in Galveston, Texas. On May 3, I was running out of new ways to say "beach day!" so I went for an abstract rendition of the beach. Laughably simple but really cool-looking - I could mix watercolors all day. The last card is inspired by my (awesome) aunt's favorite hibiscus flowers and by a sentiment from my uncle (who is equally awesome, but not a blog reader and therefore not eligible for flattery. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment